ACBL Unit 361 Coaching Program
Ever wondered how more advanced players would bid this hand? What you could have done differently on defense? What is the best line to make your contract?
In 2019, Denver’s popular Mentor Program is adding a Coaching Program. Coaches are here to help you with any bridge-related question you may have. Our coaches are experienced players offering insights on questions about bid systems (Standard American, 2/1, Precision, etc.), bidding conventions, bidding a hand, declarer or defensive play, bridge ethics and rules, and director calls.
This program is open to all Unit 361 ACBL members. Please note that this program does not offer the opportunity to play with a coach. Coaches are here to provide you answers to all of your bridge-related questions.
To ask a question, choose a coach from the list below and email them your question. Coaches will respond via email as soon as they can. Coaches are listed alphabetically.
Coach 1: Include Photo, masterpoint level, bid systems they play and will consult on, specific areas of expertise, etc. Link name and photo to their email[J2] .
Coach 2: ditto
Coach 3: ditto
Coach 4: ditto
Any Unit member can apply to be a coach. To become a coach, email MentorProgram@DenverBridge.org and provide the bid systems you play and specific areas of expertise for which you would like to consult. Bridge educators and sanctioned club directors are encouraged to apply. The Unit reserves the right to decide who will be listed as a coach on this webpage.
Have a question about the Coaching Program, contact MentorProgram@DenverBridge.org.
- Susan Grauer, U361 Conduct and Ethics Chair, Sapphire: bridge ethics and rules, and director calls
- Allice Kinningham, Sapphire: bridge ethics and rules, and director calls
- Elly Larson, Denver Metro Bridge Club, Bronze: bridge ethics and rules, and director calls
- Paul Ossip, Gold: bridge ethics and rules, and director calls
- Flo Newlin, Platinum: 2/1, Precision, bidding and play of the hand
- Dick Duff, Diamond: 2/1, loosing trick count, bidding and play of the hand
- Norma Sands, Diamond: Standard American, 2/1, bidding and play of the hand
- Curt Soloff, Castle Rock Bridge Club, Sapphire: bridge ethics and rules, and director calls, 2/1, losing trick count, bidding and play of the hand
- Should topics be listed first with coaches listed under each topic?
- Email to coach should state in the subject line: “U361 Coaching Program, Question from Member”
- Need 3-5 coaches identified who are willing to help jumpstart the program.