Welcome to the Denver Unit 361 member information page. You may access the following functions here:
2020 Unit Elections
Normally, elections for new Denver ACBL Unit #361 Board (Board) members and to address other Unit business requiring a vote by the Membership take place at the Annual Membership meeting held during the November Sectional. The current Corona Virus/COVID-19 situation has prevented us from holding that Sectional. With input of others, the current Board has decided to run the election online supplemented with mail-in ballots.
This website has added two new menu items Members tab.
- 2020 Board Candidates - shows brief, candidate-provided resumes.
- 2020 Election Sample Ballot - shows the expected ballot for the election. (The Bylaws Article VII; Section 3; Item D allows self-nomination via petition through October 18, 2020.)
The ballot also contains a question on whether or not to update the Unit Bylaws. Changes have been proposed addressing disciplinary actions, voting and general formatting of the document. It is suggested that informed voters utilize the Unit Bylaws page under the About Denver Bridge tab to view the Bylaws and for more specific information on these changes.
Voting in the 2020 Election
- Sometime before 7:00 AM on November 1st, the Sample Ballot page (with modifications as necessary) will be re-activated as the 2020 Election Ballot. At that time, and through November 30th, you will be able to use this page to cast your vote in the 2020 election.
- If, as of September 1, 2020, you had a valid email address registered with the ACBL, and you allowed (in your privacy settings) the ACBL to share that address with the Denver Unit, it will be assumed that you have the capability to utilize the online ballot form. You will not automatically be sent a paper ballot.
- If you've chosen not to provide the ACBL with your email address, if your privacy settings prevent the ACBL from sharing that address with the Unit or an email attempt bounces or is blocked, a paper ballot will be sent to you at your address of record for you to return prior to November 30th, 2020.
- In the case your ACBL privacy options prevent us from obtaining either your mailing or email address (there are 19 of you), we will make a reasonable attempt to contact you. Your vote will default to online.
- You may vote online even if you receive a paper ballot in the mail. You may NOT vote more than once in any online/paper combination. Multiple votes by the same individual will invalidate all votes by that individual. Online voting is encouraged.
Questions and requests for paper ballots may be emailed to: VicePresident@DenverBridge.org or alternately addressed by calling Rob Vetter at 720-530-6575.